Hi all,

So, turning my scrappy notes into slightly less scrappy email, here are the main things that I think we were going to try to follow up from the recent HepSysMan discussions.

CVMFS bits
----------

There were a couple of things here, one being to find out exactly what the state of sft.cern.ch is in terms of who has access and what of its contents are actively maintained, and another to raise the suggestion of having a repo containing an installed/unpacked copy of the whole of the Red Hat Software Collections packages so as to give a (fairly) easily maintainable way of providing things like more recent versions of GCC and Python to the grid in a common location that could be relied upon. I think this was mostly an action on Matt in his tarball UI maintainer capacity as 'person most likely to be putting stuff in CVMFS'.

Also CVMFS-y
------------

There was some appetite to explore the potential of installing both Ganga and the Dirac client tools in CVMFS. AIUI Ganga relies (or will do) on a more recent than standard Python (which is part of what motivated the Software Collections idea) and we weren't completely clear whether it made sense to install the dirac tools given that they somewhat customise themselves to each particular situation, but IIRC we were wondering whether it would be possible (and/or desirable) to have one pre-configured for the Imperial Dirac just to further smooth the path for the notional newbie.

Not CVMFS
----------

Someone was going to try the Ganga's Google Drive storage backend. I think it might have been me.

Condor
-------

There was a great deal of interest in a sane manner of having a Condor cluster with multiple submission hosts that would allow all the jobs to be queried from all of the hosts, rather than the simple configuration which leads to each one only being able to see their own. RAL PPD seem to have got this completely cracked, and I believe the general view of everyone who wished to copy them was that it would be jolly handy if they'd blog it, wiki it, or something along those lines.

The other thing

I have a line in my notes that say, in its entirety:

 "r10k git->puppet/foreman thing"

If anyone can suggest what that might have been about, then elucidate informatively on the topic, that'd be good.

Ewan