Dear all,

The University of Liège has currently an open call for young foreign post-doctoral researchers (BeIPD-Cofund program).
The Cyclotron Research Centre has been rather successful in getting those grants over the last few years. Given the recent investments at the CRC and with a suitable candidate we would have a very good chance! The application is not (too) heavy either with only a 4 page project proposal. The project would focus on the processing of DWI and structural (quantitative) MRI data for a large study about sleep and genomic interaction (data already acquired), and the development of such methods. One idea is to build upon such "Anisotropy preserving DTI processing" approach but other suggestions by the candidate are welcome. Cluster processing is also planned.

Very practically:
- the CRC has a 3T Siemens Prisma, a 9.4T Agilent for small animal imaging, and a 7T Magentom Terra is "on the way". All on site and dedicated to research.
- candidate should have his/her Phd by the 16th of March 2016 at the latest (and after September 2010). Strong numeral and programming skills required (background in engineering, maths, physics, etc. preferred).
- (s)he should not have been funded/living in Belgium over the last few years.
- 24 months duration grant, starting between the 1st of October and the 31st of December 2016.

Candidates should send me a complete CV, a copy of their Phd thesis, and a letter of motivation by the 31st of January.
For further details, you can contact me directly by email.

Best,
Chris

Christophe Phillips, Ir, PhD
FRS-FNRS. Senior Research Associate
Adjunct assistant professor in applied sciences

GIGA in silico medicine
Cyclotron Research Centre, B30
University of Liege, Sart Tilman
4000 Liege, Belgium