Dear experts,

I have a question regarding positive vs negative PPi interpretation. I ran
two PPI analyses on the same data using the exactly same contrast (CS+ vs
CS-) and seed region (left amygdala coordinates -24 -2 -20): one with
positive and one with negative interaction terms.

When doing group comparisons, I find significant activations in the exact
same region (i.e. left insula -38 6 14) for both positive and negative
PPIs, although activation parameters are different.

Is this normal ? How can I explain this (It would make sense to me if the
activations were in the same region but not in the exact same peak voxel) ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best,

Valérie