Dear SPM experts,

According to numbers of previous studies of bilateral visual stimuli onset simultaneously task, participant attend to LEFT visual field stimuli will activate stronger signal within the RIGHT occipital than left occipital region and vice versa, which is a contralateral activation pattern.
However in my task, showing the ipsilateral activation pattern, which is attend to the left visual field stimuli elicit significant activation within left occipital (Lingual, Calcarine) region compared with attend to the right visual field stimuli, and vice versa.
This result is opposite with previous finding and the statistics of activation difference is significant. This ipsilateral activation pattern is rare in previous studies.
I just wonder if any wrong process step in the fmri signal preprocessing or any wrong manipulation of fmri device (like flip angle or slice scanning order or something) will produce such issue (reverse of left and right hemispheres).

Thank you very much
Ping