From: Realist and Meta-narrative Evidence Synthesis: Evolving Standards [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nick Emmel
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 11:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: two quick questions

Dear Gaelle,

You may find Raymond Boudon’s writings useful in thinking about a realist methodology. This, I found very useful:
Boudon R 1991, "What middle-range theories are", Contemporary Sociology, vol. 20, pp. 519-522.
But unfortunately for me much of his work is only available in French.

Best wishes

Nick

Nick Emmel | School of Sociology and Social Policy | University of Leeds |Leeds |LS2 9JT
+44 (0) 113 343 6958 | Twitter @NickEmmel | Blog http://realistmethods.wordpress.com/
Emmel ND (2013) Sampling and choosing cases in qualitative research: a realist approach. London. Sage. http://goo.gl/yYydFd