**Apologies for cross-posting**

In today’s guest post on the Policy Press blog -  David Hunter, author of The health debate (out next week in its 2nd edition), tells us why we need to dig deeper to understand and change the chronic unhappiness in the NHS. Read more here...

You may also be interested in this month's free article from Evidence & Policy:
Health system decision makers' feedback on summaries and tools supporting the use of systematic reviews: a qualitative study by Moriah E Ellen et al

Please find details of our latest titles in Health & Social Care below. Before you order, don't forget to join our mailing list to receive a code for 35% on all our books.

You can also sign up to receive Policy Press Health & Social Care e-newsletters here.

BOOKS OUT THIS MONTH

The health debate (2nd edition)

David J. Hunter

A fresh look at how the British NHS is coping under increased pressures. It offers a critical perspective on concerns and a critique of the market-style changes introduced by the Coalition government between 2010 and 2015.

Direct payments and personal budgets: Putting personalisation into practice

by Jon Glasby and Rosemary Littlechild

This 3rd edition of the leading textbook on personalisation considers key policy changes since 2009 and new research into the extension and outcomes of personal budgets.

ALSO AVAILABLE

Long-term care reforms in OECD countries

Edited by Cristiano Gori, Jose-Luis Fernandez, Raphael Wittenberg

With contributions from a range of experts across OECD countries, this book examines changes in long-term care systems throughout those countries, discussing and comparing key changes in national policies and examining the main successes and failures of recent reforms.

Understanding health policy (2nd edition)

Rob Baggott

This fully updated edition of a bestselling book explores the processes and institutions that make health policy, examining what constitutes health policy, where power lies, and what changes could be made to improve the quality of health policy making.

Ethics of care: Critical advances in international perspective

Marian Barnes, Tula Brannelly, Lizzie Ward and Nicki Ward

The international contributors to this unique collection demonstrate the significance of care ethics as a transformative way of thinking across diverse geographical, policy and interpersonal contexts.

COMING SOON

Disability and the welfare state in Britain: Changes in perception and policy 1948-1979

Jameel Hampton

The British Welfare State initially seemed to promise welfare for all, but excluded millions of disabled people. This book examines attempts in the subsequent three decades to reverse this exclusion.

Get 35% discount on ALL our books by signing up to our newsletter here

Jessica Miles, Marketing Executive

Policy Press at the University of Bristol
1-9 Old Park Hill, Clifton, Bristol BS2 8BB
Tel: 0117 954 5940

Twitter: @TPPjess

I am in the office Monday am, Tuesday am, Wednesday and Friday, on other days please contact [log in to unmask]

In 2016 Policy Press is supporting Unseen UK: please visit our Just Giving page.

Keep in touch: