From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lindsay Walker
Sent: 18 January 2016 12:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PSCI-COM] Advice on teaching adults about biodiversity - activities

Hi all,

I am currently pulling together some resources for biodiversity workshops and I would be really grateful for some advice.

The workshops are to highlight the importance of biodiversity and the biological processes in forest ecology. There is one workshop for children, which I am comfortable with writing, and a second for adults. I am struggling a little with creating a workshop aimed at adults, and I was hoping this list would be able to help me.

The adults have an education to secondary school level, have knowledge of the different plants and animals in the forest, but less knowledge on the 'big picture' biodiversity/climate change themes. Ideally, the workshop will contain fun activities - it is here I am struggling with knowing how to aim fun activities to adults rather than children....

I would be most grateful if you would suggest any ideas/applicable resources to give me a starter point on creating activities for adults that teach biodiversity/forest/climate change concepts. Feel free to contact me on or off list.

Thank you all in advance for your help, I really appreciate it.

Best wishes,
Lindsay

Commands - send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets)

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com