So I don’t know if I would read her, but others have made these arguments too, & I tend to agree.So I too like the line Andrew was taken by. For me, for a long time, ‘memory is fiction’ has been one of my mantras…

Doug
> On Jan 27, 2016, at 8:45 PM, Bill Wootton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Thanks Andrew. One of Husvedt's points was that when we recall a memory and
> it changes a little, the next time we recall it, we are likely to go back
> to that slightly distorted memory, not the original, which is not 'saved'
> in the same way as a computer file for instance.
>
> Bill
>
> On Thursday, 28 January 2016, Andrew Burke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Iike these lines particularly (just for my pov):
>>

>> *Are poems reclaimed memories resorted?*
>>
>> Many of mine are just that, out through a sieve of today's emotions.
>>
>> Andrew
>> <
>>>
>> This
>> email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
>> <
>>>
>> <#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>>
>> On 27 January 2016 at 22:39, Bill Wootton <[log in to unmask]
>> <javascript:;>> wrote:
>>
>>> 360 odd pages, Pat. I persisted and was interested in what she had to say
>>> about migraines and dreams protecting sleep but her pieces about viewing
>>> art were pretty inconsequential I thought. I do recommend her husband
>> Paul
>>> Auster's work. I think he would pass the 10-page test eg Smoke,
>>> Oracle Night, New York trilogy, In the country of last things.
>>>
>>> Bill

>> the
>> some
>> by

>> --
>> Andrew
>> http://hispirits.blogspot.com/
>> Books available through Walleah Press
>> http://walleahpress.com.au

Douglas Barbour
https://eclecticruckus.wordpress.com/

Recent publications: (With Sheila E Murphy) Continuations & Continuations 2 (UofAPress).
Recording Dates (Rubicon Press).

	Done in by creation itself.

I mean the gods. Not us. Well us too.
The gods moved into books. Who wrote the books?
We wrote the books. In whose dream, then are we dreaming?

		Robert Kroetsch.