Hi list

Has anyone had any experience of dealing with workers who have helped clean up after widespread floods? If so were there any particular health  issues and/or health checks that needed to be put into place?  I have found evidence that existing respiratory conditions such as asthma and more rarely, allergic alveolitis can be exacerbated by working in buildings that are drying out but not much more than that. I have also considered the sewage risk but can anything be assessed after the event? I would think that good hygiene, PPE and education is the best course of action and a tetanus if vaccination status is not up to date.

Has anyone any advice on what to do, which is evidence based, to assess any post flood health risks on workers.

Looking forward to responses.

Regards

Karen