Dear Colleague,

The Association for Industrial Archaeology (AIA), the national organisation for people who share an interest in Britain's industrial past, is currently seeking applications for the below awards and submissions to its peer reviewed journal Industrial Archaeology Review. I'd be grateful if you could share this with colleagues or put up on the staff noticeboard.

Archaeological Report Award

This biennial award (£800 for unfunded/voluntary projects) will be given for the report which demonstrates the highest standards of fieldwork, recording and contextual research for industrial archaeological projects in the two years before 1st March 2016.

Award for Digital Initiative and Innovation

In addition, the AIA is also looking for applications for  the 'Peter Neaverson Award for Digital Initiative and Innovation', which recognises the impact that developing digital technologies are having in our interpretation, dissemination and conservation of our industrial heritage and archaeology. This award, of £500, will be given to the creators of the work (e.g. animation, online resource, technical survey- such as LiDAR, GIS or 3D laser scanning)which makes the most effective use of digital technologies in industrial archaeology/heritage in that year.

For further details about these and the AIA's other awards and prizes, or to learn more about its work visit www.industrial-archaeology.org<http://www.industrial-archaeology.org>.

Industrial Archaeology Review

The Association for Industrial Archaeology also produces the peer-reviewed journal, Industrial Archaeology Review, which is published twice-yearly by Taylor and Francis. This journal enjoys a wide readership in print and on-line amongst professional archaeologists and academic researchers, as well as enthusiasts of industrial history and archaeology, in Britain and around the world. The editors are always pleased to receive proposals for articles deriving from fieldwork on industrial sites, communities and landscapes. Further details and notes for contributors can be found on the Maney web site: http://www.maneyonline.com/loi/iar . This web site also contains contact details for the editors, Mike Nevell and Ian West, should you wish to discuss ideas for a possible article.

I would be grateful if you could pass or forward this on to any of your colleagues that you think might be interested. Please note that the deadline for the awards (1st March) is fast approaching.

All best wishes and thanks,

Shane Kelleher MIfA

Museum Archaeologist/Ironbridge Archaeology, Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust

and

Fieldwork and Recording Officer, Association for Industrial Archaeology

If you need to leave the list, send the following message to [log in to unmask] -

leave mining-history
---------