Dear colleagues,

*With apologies for cross-posting*

I’m delighted to announce news of the return of the History of Pre-Modern Medicine seminar series.  The 2015–16 series will conclude with the following four seminars.

Tuesday 19 January: Professor Elisabeth Hsu (University of Oxford), ‘On heart and liver in Chinese and Tibetan medicine: a situated history of not wanting to know’
Tuesday 2 February: Peter Jones (University of Cambridge), ‘The medicine of the friars in late medieval England’
Tuesday 16 February: Dr Cristina Bellorini (Independent scholar, Milan): ‘Materia medica at the grand-ducal court in 16th century Tuscany’
Tuesday 1 March: Professor Mark Geller (Freie Universität, Berlin), ‘How Babylonian is the Hippocratic corpus?’
---
All seminars will take place in the Wellcome Library, 183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE. Doors at 6pm prompt, seminars will start at 6.15pm.
Organising Committee: Elma Brenner (Wellcome Library), Michael Brown (Roehampton), Elena Carrera (QMUL), Sandra Cavallo (RHUL), John Henderson (Birkbeck, London, convenor), William MacLehose (UCL), Anna Maerker (KCL), Patrick Wallis (LSE), Ronit Yoeli-Tlalim (Goldsmiths, convenor).
More details:
http://blog.wellcomelibrary.org/2016/01/history-of-pre-modern-medicine-seminar-series-spring-2016/
Enquiries to Ross MacFarlane ([log in to unmask]), John Henderson ([log in to unmask]) or Ronit Yoelii-Tlalim (r.yoelli-tlalim@goldsmiths.ac.uk).

With best wishes,

Ross

Ross MacFarlane
Research Engagement Officer
Wellcome Library
Wellcome Trust
Gibbs Building
215 Euston Road
London NW1 2BE, UK
T +44 (0)20 7611 7340
F +44 (0)20 7611 8369
E [log in to unmask]
http://wellcomelibrary.org

The Wellcome Trust is a global charitable foundation dedicated to improving health. We support bright minds in science, the humanities and the social sciences, as well as education, public engagement and the application of research to medicine.

Our investment portfolio gives us the independence to support such transformative work as the sequencing and understanding of the human genome, research that established front-line drugs for malaria, and Wellcome Collection, our free venue for the incurably curious that explores medicine, life and art.

The Wellcome Trust is a charity registered in England and Wales, no. 210183. Its sole trustee is The Wellcome Trust Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, no. 2711000 (whose registered office is at 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, UK).

This message has been scanned for viruses by Websense Hosted Email Security