Dear all,

CFCCA (Centre for Chinese Contemporary Art) is inviting you to join the Mandarin Corner based in Manchester on the first Saturday of each month at 1.30 to 3.30 pm.  The Mandarin Corner aims to combine Chinese language, culture with current art exhibitions.  Mandarin learners at all levels are welcomed.

We are also seeking for native Mandarin speakers to help us run the corner. This is a good way to meet new people, to be part of enthusiastic team and to be involved in art events.  Please get in touch with me if you are interested.

The next Mandarin corner will be on 6th Feb. It will be combined with the Emoji Workshop, which is a Chinese New Year celebrating art event at Manchester Arndale Shopping centre.  The workshop will encourage people to respond to ideas from exhibiting artist Xu Bing’s Book from the Ground. Working with paper and card visitors will be encouraged to create your own speech bubbles and slogans using only a range of symbols and emoticons. The Emoji Workshop will last from 12 to 6pm, and please feel free to come along.

Please feel free to contact me ([log in to unmask]) if you have any questions.  I also attach a flyer for the Mandarin corner.

All the best,
Han Wei
Mandarin teacher in CFCCA