Hi Rachael and Dawn

We had an experience where a library book that was long overdue turned up on Amazon, the student concerned having dropped out and then sold the book, I imagine it was for such reasons that amazon has tightened security. We use a company called betterworld books at http://www.betterworldbooks.com/ for our outdated stock which give us a percentage of the value of items they sell and also donate a small percentage to a charity of our choosing.

Best wishes

Michael Doheny |Assistant Librarian, Science and Reader services| Athlone Institute of Technology| Dublin Rd | Athlone | Co. Westmeath | Ireland | [log in to unmask] | +353 (0) 90-6471825 / +353(0)90 -6483030

From: A general library and information science list for news and discussion. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dawn Southgate
Sent: 20 January 2016 10:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Selling through Amazon

Hi Rachel

We have in the past done this but Amazon have tightened their security now and you seem to need to go through hoops and have to provide passport info etc. So will be interested to hear if others have found this also.

Kind regards
Dawn

Dawn Southgate DipHE BA (Hons) MCLIP
Head of Knowledge
CIM  |  Catalyst of collective intelligence

D: +44 (0)1628 427331

E: [log in to unmask]
W: cim.co.uk

Keep in touch…
For regular updates on marketing news, events and activities,
follow us on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and Twitter.