Hi Jonathan,

Yes, it still applies! You can see the changes outlined in the Copyright and Rights in Performances (Research, Education, Libraries and Archives) Regulations 2014 at http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2014/9780111112755 - the CDPA has been amended in accordance with this.

Section 42A:

(3) The information which must be included in the declaration is-

(a) the name of the person who requires the copy and the material which that person requires,
(b) a statement that the person has not previously been supplied with a copy of that material by any library,
(c) a statement that the person requires the copy for the purposes of research for a non-commercial purpose or private study, will use it only for those purposes and will not supply the copy to any other person, and
(d) a statement that to the best of the person's knowledge, no other person with whom the person works or studies has made, or intends to make, at or about the same time as the person's request, a request for substantially the same material for substantially the same purpose.

Cheers,

Tom.

Tom Bishop
Head of Library and Surgical Information Services

Royal College of Surgeons
35-43 Lincoln's Inn Fields
London WC2A 3PE

T: 020 7869 6530