Hi Gordon,

It has been part of others and my Classroom 2.0 process to adapt learning to the needs of individual learners through technology. On that basis one can start looking beyond the sage on the stage approach in "broadcast" teaching to a guide on the side one that technology allows.

The important consideration you highlight that even applies with technology is whether one should be over-focusing on accommodating preferences or attempting to develop new competencies.

In the system I devised it was possible to accommodate learning levels. So if a person is not very competent in using a given learning style, the challenge of the tasks can be reduced. Equally, for their preferred learning style, the challenge can be increased.

Jonathan