*With apologies for cross posting on multiple Jiscmail lists*

HER Forum members may be interested in the following course.

The Archaeology Data Service, Historic England and Leicester University are pleased to announce that we are holding our popular workshop on the Management, Preservation and Publishing of Digital Data for Archaeologists on the 11th - 12th of April 2016.

Through a series of presentations, practical sessions, and group discussions, this course will explore the importance of digital preservation for the long term safety of archaeological data and provide practical guidance on how to prepare, curate, deposit and access digital data. We will also provide guidance on data publishing online and introduce Linked Open Data for archaeology.

The course is aimed primarily at archaeology data creators and data curators operating in national agency and local authority heritage environments. However this course will also be of benefit to professionals working in commercial, independent and research environments and to community groups utilising and creating archaeological data.  It will be of particular interest to those who maintain large data sets and need to efficiently manage, effectively preserve, and provide access to, their data for the future.

Leicester University are delighted to be able to offer the first 8 places on the course for the Early Bird Discount price of £275 including an evening meal with the group and bed & breakfast accommodation at our College Court Conference Centre on the night of the 11 April. Once the first 8 places have been sold the price will revert to the standard price of £375.

You can find out more about the course and register here: http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/history/heritage/digital-data-archaeology

Best wishes

Robin Page

Heritage Protection Programmes Online Coordinator

Research Group

Direct Dial: 01793 414617

http://www.historicengland.org.uk/about/what-we-do/action-plan/

We are the public body that looks after England's historic environment. We champion historic places, helping people to understand, value and care for them, now and for the future.
Sign up to our enewsletter to keep up to date with our latest news, advice and listings.

HistoricEngland.org.uk           Twitter: @HistoricEngland

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Historic England unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to Historic England may become publicly available.