Dear colleagues,

(Apologies for multiple postings)
We would like to draw your attention to the session
Dynamics and Structure of the Mediterranean Collisions and Back-arcs (TS6.1/GD6.5/SM6.17)
at EGU 2016 (Vienna, Austria, 17-22 April 2016) and hope that you will consider submitting an abstract to this session. The abstract submission deadline is Wednesday January 13, 2016 @ 13:00 CET.

Session description:
The Mediterranean region, given its peculiar landlocked setting in the Africa/Arabia and Eurasia convergence zone, its invaluable and long-lasting geological record of complex interactions among major and smaller plates, the presence of subduction zones at different evolutionary stages, has progressively grown as a comprehensive test site to investigate fundamental plate tectonic and geodynamic processes.
Advances in a variety of geophysical and geological fields provide a rich and growing set of constraints on the crust-lithosphere and mantle structure, tectonics and geodynamic evolution of the Mediterranean. We welcome contributions presenting new insights and observations derived from different perspectives like geology (stratigraphy, petrology, geochronology, geochemistry, tectonics and geomorphology), geophysics (seismicity, seismic imaging, seismic anisotropy, gravity), geodesy (GPS, InSAR) and modelling (numerical and analogue), as well as from multi-disciplinary studies.

Confirmed solicited presentations:
To join you can submit your abstracts here:
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2016/session/20506

With best regards,

Claudia Piromallo
Alexis Plunder