Dear GEM,

I have been tasked with arranging safe guarding training for a group of volunteer tour guides working in a church.  We have very few school groups visit us and on the rare occasions children visit they are accompanied by adults.

That said I think that safeguarding training would be very valuable.  However I think that the kind of training necessary for school teachers might frighten them off and not be so relevant as schools are quite different environmentsl with different obligations.

We have a safeguarding trainer locally who is highly recommended but she is very busy and only has time to deliver her fixed workshop which is schools focussed.

My question to folks out there is do you know of a qualified safeguarding trainer who would be able to advise on the development of a policy and deliver training suitable to volunteers at a heritage site ?
All the best,

Anne-Marie Sandos
Historian and storyteller
Face to Face History