Hi Evan,

You can run TBSS as usual, treating each timepoint as it it were a subject.
At the far end, compute the subtractions and run a GLM to investigate the
association with the differences in cytokine levels.

It is also possible to, instead of subtractions, assemble the model of the
GLM as a paired t-test, including (and testing) an extra EV that is the
cytokine level at each of the two MRI acquisitions. Remember to use
exchangeability blocks, defining one EB per subject.

All the best,

Anderson