Hi Rosalia,

Please, see below:

On 8 January 2016 at 10:11, Rosalia Dacosta Aguayo <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi Anderson,
>
> Thank you a lot for answering splitting the answers make me easier to
> interpret....
>
> 1. I used Bonferroni Correction because I tested for 5 biomarkers...so
> "multiple testing"...and the possibility to find a something is
> higher...For VBM analysis my results did not achieved Bonferroni
> Correction, but for DTI, I tested my 5 biomarkers and I got a peak voxel
> surrounded by other voxels forming the cluster.

Ok, so you corrected the cluster p-values to take into account the 5 tests,
one for each biomarker. It's fine. This also means that you have more than
one biomarker (in earlier emails and also below it appears you'd have 1
biomarker of interest only). Anyway this isn't a major issue.

> 2. I did Factorial Analysis because PCA was not suitable for my sample
> (Barlett KMO did not result significant and the value was <0.5). In this
> factorial analysis I got two components, I saved as variables, that resumed
> the impact of age, diabetes, dislipemia, alcohol consumption and
> hypertension)...except for age, the others are common vascular risk factors
> and I do not want to see how they are related with my biomarker...in fact
> they are highly correlated but I am just interested in the effect of this
> biomarker per se in every group separately regarding cognitive scores and
> neurological scores...and the results I got were very interesting and
> coherent (for example, with neurological scores).

You can ignore Bartlett and KMO and simply use PCA, though it's so similar
with FA that I doubt it'll make much difference. So you found 2 components
that summarise most of the variance of these 5 variables. Good, so remove
these 5 nuisance variables from the model and include the 2 principal
components. Don't split them into groups as I think you mentioned already
that there were no significant interaction. Include the biomarker in the
design, splitting into two groups as you'd like to test the interaction.
Then you can form the contrasts to test biomarker within each group, across
groups, and the interaction.

> 3. So, I am trying to see how the change of this biomarker in this peak
> voxel, affects cognition and neurological status without the influence of
> age, and vascular risk factors....for every group separately...Cognition,
> Neurological Status and Biomarker in this region of interaction are my main
> variables of interest....

On the peak voxel: if the biomarker is correlated with cognition,
neurological status, etc, then analysing this peak voxel is circular, so be
careful with this analysis. It would be better if this voxel or region of
interest came from an independent study.

All the best,

Anderson