Help request: please are you able to put me in contact with recent CONGOLESE, Cameroonian or Turkish DEPORTEES?

Dear colleagues,

For an Amnesty report on forced returns, I am currently studying forced returns from the Netherlands (or other EU member states) after both removal orders and decisions of non-admission at air borders. We want to investigate what happens to deportees when they encounter state agents upon arrival at the airport in their respective countries of origin.

My questions to you: Are you in a position to help us enter in contact with forced returnees in Kinshasa, Douala or Istanbul please?

    The focus in the Congolese and Cameroonian case is on forcibly returned failed asylum seekers.
    In Turkey, the objective of the visit is to investigate the fate of Third Country Nationals who have not been admitted at Schengen air borders and who are subsequently returned to Istanbul airport.

Thank you for forwarding this mailalso  to lawyers, country of origin experts or visiting groups in detention centres who might be able to help.

I am traveling as off tomorrow Tuesday the 19th of January and would very much appreciate if you could please get back to me on [log in to unmask]

With many thanks for your support!

Jill

Dr. Jill Alpes
Postdoctoral Researcher VU Amsterdam (Migration Law)
Guest Researcher CERI Sciences Po Paris
Coordinator of the Post-Deportation Monitoring Network

Note: The material contained in this communication comes to you from the Forced Migration Discussion List which is moderated by the Refugee Studies Centre (RSC), Oxford Department of International Development, University of Oxford. It does not necessarily reflect the views of the RSC or the University. If you re-print, copy, archive or re-post this message please retain this disclaimer. Quotations or extracts should include attribution to the original sources.

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Posting guidelines: http://www.forcedmigration.org/research-resources/discussion/forced-migration-discussion-list-posting-guidelines