Apologies for cross-posting

**Out this week**

All our welfare

By Peter Beresford

PB £23.99 ISBN: 978-1-4473-2894-0

Available at 35% discount by signing up to the Policy Press mailing list.

Welfare reform doesn’t need to mean cuts and privatisation. As this crucial book demonstrates, a dynamic, participatory system is an alternative to both the market and top-down bureaucracies. A much needed contribution.” Owen Jones, author and Guardian columnist

Who ‘we’ are in society has radically changed.

Family and personal, the welfare state is to do with all of us. Peter asks what’s going wrong with social policy with the unprecedented junior doctors’ strike, people committing suicide and dying as a result of benefit reform; more and more people unable to afford a home. Do we need a different kind of welfare state for the future? The book connects the history, policy and politics of the welfare state with his family’s experience, and reveals strong support for the welfare state and fears for its loss. He offers a route map out of the present mess of a participatory and sustainable alternative for the future with ideas about how we can look after each other in a massively changing world and society. Can we afford a welfare state? Yes, if we revision it as this book suggests.

Read the Foreword by Yasmin Alibhai-Brown on our blog.

Order here.

Kathryn King

Marketing Manager

Policy Press, University of Bristol

1-9 Old Park Hill

Bristol BS2 8BB

Tel: +44 (0) 117 954 5940

Direct line: +44 (0) 117 954 5952

www.policypress.co.uk

Email: [log in to unmask]

Twitter: @tppkathryn

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/kathryn-king/12/ba9/a21

Get 35% discount on ALL our books by signing up to our newsletter here
Out this month:

In 2016 Policy Press is supporting Unseen UK: please visit our Just Giving page.

Keep in touch: