Funded PhD studentships are available at the MRC/CSO Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, University of Glasgow.

The aim of the MRC/CSO Social and Public Health Sciences Unithttp://www.glasgow.ac.uk/sphsu is to improve human health and wellbeing via the study of social, behavioural, economic, cultural and environmental influences on health. We currently have fully-funded PhD studentships available on a range of topics. Topics in the intimate and sexual relationships theme in our Social Relationships and Health Improvement Programme include:

.      Identifying social and relational influences on young women's sexual body image and self-esteem.

.      Improving sexual health and wellbeing amongst transgender people in Scotland: identifying mechanisms for change.

Studentships will commence in October 2016. These are 3-year positions for those who have a Masters degree, or equivalent training, in an appropriate scientific discipline. Opportunities also exist for 4-year positions in order that an appropriate Masters degree can be attained prior to commencing the doctorate (eg MRes in Sociology and Research Methodshttp://www.gla.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/sociologyresearchmethods/#/; Master in Public Healthhttp://www.gla.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/publichealth/). We provide diverse training opportunities for all aspects of research and for transferable academic and generic skills.

To discuss your ideas/proposal, please contact Dr. Lisa McDaid ([log in to unmask])

The deadline for application, including a 2 page project proposal is 15 February. More information on the studentships and application process is available here:
http://www.gla.ac.uk/researchinstitutes/healthwellbeing/fundedphdstudentships/mrccso/socialrelationshipsandhealthimprovement/#/phdtopics