Hi Critters,
this is an excerpt of a letter in support of Library Genesis and Sci-Hub, that you can find here: http://custodians.online/ (found through a friend, thanks Andrea).
Let's keep sharing knowledge, pals!

"We demonstrate daily, and on a massive scale, that the system is broken. We share our writing secretly behind the backs of our publishers, circumvent paywalls to access articles and publications, digitize and upload books to libraries. This is the other side of 37% profit margins: our knowledge commons grows in the fault lines of a broken system. We are all custodians of knowledge, custodians of the same infrastructures that we depend on for producing knowledge, custodians of our fertile but fragile commons. To be a custodian is, de facto, to download, to share, to read, to write, to review, to edit, to digitize, to archive, to maintain libraries, to make them accessible. It is to be of use to, not to make property of, our knowledge commons."

--
Simone Tulumello
Post-doc research fellow, Instituto de Ciências Sociais, ULisboa

latest publications:

Tulumello S. (2015), “Reconsidering Neoliberal Urban Planning in Times of Crisis: Urban Regeneration Policy in a ‘Dense Space in Lisbon”, Urban Geography. Doi: 10.1080/02723638.2015.1056605.
Tulumello S. (2015), "Fear and Urban Planning in Ordinary Cities: From Theory to Practice", Planning Practice & Research, 30(5), 477-496. Doi: 10.1080/02697459.2015.1025677.
Tulumello S. (2015), “From ‘spaces of fear’ to ‘fearscapes’: Mapping for re-framing theories about the spatialization of fear in urban space”, Space and Culture, 18(3), 252-272. http://sac.sagepub.com/content/18/3/257.abstract
Questa e-mail è stata inviata da un computer privo di virus protetto da Avast.