For those interested, please find below an advertisement of a post doctoral position at Imperial College, London, UK. Closing date for applications is 24 January 2016 (Midnight GMT).

Section of Structural Biology

Division of Experimental Medicine

Department of Medicine

RESEARCH ASSOCIATE in BIOCHEMISTRY/STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY

Salary range: £33,860 - £42,830 per annum

Full-time, fixed term for up to 3 years from 01 April 2016

South Kensington Campus

We wish to recruit a Research Associate to work in the research group of Professor Dale Wigley (www.imperial.ac.uk/arc/research-areas/structural-biology/professor-dale-wigley), in the Section of Structural Biology, Department of Medicine, at our South Kensington Campus. The successful candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team of international researchers investigating the structures and mechanisms of key complexes in bacterial DNA repair and antibiotic development. We employ a combination of biochemistry, X-ray crystallography and cryo-electron microscopy techniques, utilising our excellent protein production and structural biology facilities at Imperial.

You must hold a PhD, or equivalent, in biochemistry, structural biology or relevant discipline and have a demonstrated track record in conducting high quality original research. Knowledge at postgraduate level in protein biochemistry and structural biology is essential and experience in protein expression and purification is desirable.

For informal enquiries please contact Professor Dale Wigley [log in to unmask]

Our preferred method of application is online via our website at http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/employment (please select "Job Search" then enter the job title or vacancy reference number into "Keywords").

Please complete and upload an application form as directed quoting reference number HM2015246

Alternatively, if you are unable to apply online, please email Fern Whyte at [log in to unmask] to request an application form.

Closing Date: Sunday 24th January 2016 (Midnight GMT)

Imperial Managers lead by example.

Committed to equality and valuing diversity. We are also an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Two Ticks Employer and are working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.

Yuriy Chaban, PhD

Phone: 020 7594 8466
E-mail: [log in to unmask]