Hello Sjors,

I have just figured out that relion_preprocess command, when used during
particle extraction, needs ctffind log files in order to populate particles
star file with ctf values. I was surprised since I have all values in
micrograph star file, defined by --mic_star option. I thought I could
safely remove log files since all info is now contained within star files
(luckily, I had a backup, and didn't have to redo CTF). Is there some
hidden logic behind such behavior? I think it would be handy if relion
could grep values from input star file, since user explicitly defines it
during particle extraction.

Best regards,
Grigory

Grigory Sharov, Ph.D.
Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cellular Biology
Integrated Structural Biology Department (CBI)
1, rue Laurent Fries
67404 Illkirch, France
tel. 03 69 48 51 00
e-mail: [log in to unmask]