Dear All,

Thanks for your emails.

I think I figured it out. In Aimless I checked Customise symmetry determination and Choose a previous solution. Then I entered the space group name under Options for Pointless > Choose solution from search by > Space group name.

In the Aimless log file, I see why the program was opting for a different space group. However, I wanted to specify a space group to see the end result.

I also found this article, which clarified point groups a little:
http://pd.chem.ucl.ac.uk/pdnn/symm2/group32.htm

Sincerely,
Gyl