Dear all,

I have a question on how to improve the resolution of protein crystals. I am working on a protein which crystallizes in the following conditions

1) 0.1M Magnesium nitrate hexahydrate & 10% PEG 3350

2) 0.2M Calcium chloride dihydrate & 6-14% PEG 3350

3) 0.2M Calcium acetate hydrate & 6-14% PEG 3350

The crystals diffracted to a very low resolution (~ 4 Angst, kindly see the attached image) at home source. To prevent ice formation, different cryoprotectants such as glycerol, 2-methyl-2,4-pentanediol, PEG 400, PEG 3350, Hexanediol, were used.

Any suggestion to improve the x-ray diffraction resolution will greatly help me.

Thanking you.

Prerana