Registration closes this Friday (15th January) for the annual Digital Preservation Coalition Student Conference: What I Wish I Knew Before I Started, presented with support from the Section for Archives & Technology of the Archives and Records Association and the Institute for Historical Research. The conference will be held on Friday 22nd January at Senate House, Malet Street, London.

This conference will bring a select group of leading practitioners together with the next generation of archivists, records managers and librarians to discuss the challenges of digital collections management and digital preservation.  The day will open with a consideration of digital preservation basics and a scan of emerging trends in digital preservation.  In the afternoon, a group of speakers will be invited to reflect on 'the things they wish they knew before they started', or 'what I actually do all day' giving students and new professionals an advantage in their own career development and helping those who frame the curriculum a chance to extend their students' readiness for the workplace. This year’s speakers will be:

Sharon McMeekin, DPC

Steph Taylor, ULCC

Matthew Addis, Arkivum

Adrian Brown, Parliamentary Archives

Glenn Cumiskey, British Museum

Helen Hockx-Yu, Internet Archive

Ann MacDonald, University of Kent

Dave Thompson, Wellcome Collection

Places at this day-long conference are free and can be booked via the registration form on the DPC website here: http://www.bit.ly/WIWIK16.

Sharon McMeekin

Head of Training and Skills

Digital Preservation Coalition

http://www.dpconline.org

Email: [log in to unmask]

Tel: +44 (0) 141 330 4508

Twitter: @SharonMcMeekin

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent and does not constitute legal advice.  We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the DPC.  Registered Office, Innovation Centre, University Way, York Science Park, Heslington, YORK YO10 5DG Registered in England No: 4492292