From: Natasha McEnroe [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 11 January 2016 12:45
To: Natasha McEnroe <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Florence Nightingale Digitisation Collaborative

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I know you will interested to learn that our friends at the Howard Gotlieb Center at Boston University have announced six new partners for the Digitising Nightingale collaborative project. Visitors to the Nightingale Digitisation website here www.bu.edu/florencenightingale<http://www.bu.edu/florencenightingale> can search the Nightingale’s correspondence by subject, name and date.

If you manage a collection that contains Nightingale letters and are keen to join, do let me know. The Digitising Nightingale site is in effect a shared portal, and so it increases traffic to the partners’ own websites. Since this site has gone live, the number of research enquiries that the Nightingale Museum receives have increased dramatically. It’s great seeing our collection used in this way!

Please read the full press release below:

Howard Gotlieb Archival Research Center
Welcomes New Partners to Florence Nightingale Digital Collaborative

The Howard Gotlieb Archival Research Center at Boston University is pleased to announce seven new partners for the Florence Nightingale Digital Collaborative. The Augustus C. Long Health Sciences Library at Columbia University; the Center for the History of Medicine’s Francis A. Countway Library of Medicine at Harvard University; the Derbyshire Record Office in England; the Library of the Health Sciences at The University of Illinois at Chicago; the National Library of Medicine of the National Institutes of Health and the UNC Health Sciences Library join the Collaborative in its efforts to preserve and promote the legacy of Florence Nightingale, pioneering social reformer and founder of modern nursing. Materials from six new partners are now available online at www.bu.edu/florencenightingale<http://www.bu.edu/florencenightingale>. Letters written by Florence Nightingale from the newest partner, the British Red Cross, will be available online in the coming months.

The Florence Nightingale Digitisation Project is a collective effort to create a comprehensive database of digitised Nightingale correspondence. The original partners in the collaborative are the Florence Nightingale archives housed by the Florence Nightingale Museum in London, the Howard Gotlieb Archival Research Center at Boston University, The Royal College of Nursing, and the Wellcome Library in London. The database currently contains over 2,200 items and is accessible to the public through this portal: www.bu.edu/florencenightingale<http://www.bu.edu/florencenightingale> Searchable by subject, name, and date, this valuable tool benefits students and researchers all over the world.

Best wishes,

Natasha

If you are receiving this email, you are a member of the Nightingale 2020 e-mailing list. To unsubscribe, please let me know and I will remove you from the list.

Natasha McEnroe
Director

[esig FN_logo_color[2]]

The Florence Nightingale Museum
Museum: 020 7188 4400
Direct line: 020 7188 2830
Follow us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/#!/florencenightingalemuseum>
Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/florencemuseum>

FOR MORE DETAILS:
www.florence-nightingale.co.uk<http://www.florence-nightingale.co.uk/>

This email message has been delivered safely by Mimecast.

http://www.rcn.org.uk

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Royal College of Nursing or any of its affiliates.

If you are not the intended recipient be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error please return it to the sender immediately.  The contents of this message may be legally privileged.

Royal College of Nursing of the United Kingdom
20 Cavendish Square
London   W1G ORN
Tel: +44 (0) 345 456 3996
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7647 3436