Yes I will be there!

Ruth

Sent: 13 January 2016 09:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Archaeobotanical Work Group Meeting - 12/3/2016 Reading

Dear all,

The next Archaeobotanical Work Group (AWG) meeting will take place on Saturday 12th March 2016 at the Department of Archaeology, University of Reading, 10am – 4pm.

Following the York meeting, this will again by a largely practical meeting focusing on calcium phosphate mineralised plant remains. The session will be led by Wendy Carruthers, Ruth Pelling and Lisa Lodwick. There will be a mixture of slides, hand outs and practical microscope work with a range of material to look at (Late Bronze Age Potterne, Saxon Hamwic, Roman Silchester). If you have any interesting or difficult mineralised plant remains please bring them along. We will also look at Apiaceae. There will also be time for some short presentations on ongoing work in archaeobotany. Please get in touch if you would like to present something.

Directions for getting to the Department of Archaeology:

For general travel information see http://www.reading.ac.uk/visit-us/. The Department of Archaeology is located in the Whiteknights Campus (buildings 48 and 74). The campus is around 30 minutes walk from Reading and Earley train stations, with regular buses. Parking is available free of charge on campus. I will book a table at a nearby for a post workgroup drink/dinner, if you wish to factor this into travel plans.

If you would like to attend, please email [log in to unmask] by Sunday February 26th as places will be limited. We will be having the usual shared lunch, so please could include what food you intend to bring.

A separate Integrated Microscopy Approaches in Archaeobotany event (http://store.rdg.ac/UoR_Microscopy_Workshop)  is running on Sunday 13th March, providing a forum for discussion and practical examination of archaeobotanical assemblages using a range of microscopy techniques, such as thin-section micromorphology, plant  macrofossils, phytolith analysis and  palynology.

Best wishes,

Lisa

We are the public body that looks after England's historic environment. We champion historic places, helping people to understand, value and care for them, now and for the future.
Sign up to our enewsletter to keep up to date with our latest news, advice and listings.

HistoricEngland.org.uk           Twitter: @HistoricEngland

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Historic England unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to Historic England may become publicly available.