Dear All,

A year ago samples were collected from 1st-2nd century AD deposits at a small rescue excavation in Croatia. The site is located along the Roman Limes and at present little is known about the region, so we are really writing the history at the moment. Samples were initially floated from a cess pit and the first one I started sorting contained hundreds of well preserved carbonised plant remains. What was most exciting was finding rice grains and peppercorns, which are the first to be found in the region. From these preliminary results we therefore have plans for a number of international publications, as well as a local book and museum exhibition.

However, what I haven't got is time to now go through the remaining samples (about half a dozen left). So if anyone has a student or you are interested yourself in analysing them then please email me ([log in to unmask]) and we can discuss the site and samples further.  The cess pit samples are currently located in the south of England, but there are some more in Croatia if the person is interested in making a project out of this site. I work for free so there would be no money attached to this.

If you reply to this email please delete [log in to unmask] unless you want to reply to everyone!

Many thanks
Kelly