Hi all, and a Happy New Year

Here is our latest offering, about the normal distribution, and what students may find difficult to grasp.

There are three tricky ideas to deal with – the model, not everything is normal, and the area under the graph.

Post about teaching the normal distribution

http://wp.me/p24HeL-nb

Video about the normal distribution

https://youtu.be/mtH1fmUVkfE

And if anyone is interested in our dessert survey, it is still open.

We are currently developing exciting innovative materials to help students at all levels of the curriculum to understand and enjoy statistical analysis. We would REALLY appreciate it if any readers here today would help us out by https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HelenDessert answering this survey about fast food and dessert. It will take 10 minutes at a maximum. We don’t mind what country you are from, and will do the currency conversions.  And in a few months I will let you know how we got on. and we would love you to forward it to your friends and students to fill it out also – the more the merrier! It is an example of a well-designed questionnaire, with a meaningful purpose.

Thanks

Nicola

Dr Nicola Petty

Aka Dr Nic

Mobile: 027 698 7392

Landline: 03 980 0901

Statistics Learning Centre

http://statslc.com/

Learning and teaching statistics is surprisingly interesting with Dr Nic.

SIGNOFF allstat