Diddorol iawn.  Mae'n drueni na fyddai amser i'r gwybodusion drafod y cyflyrau hyn efo pobl sy'n ymwybodol o wahanol ffyrdd o gyfleu ymddygiad neu brofiadau o'r fath yn y GYmraeg.  Mae Ann wedi cyfeirio at ddull T Rowland Hughes.  Ble fyddai'r ymadrodd "hel meddyliau" yn ffitio tybed?  Mae'n ymddangos ein bod yn gorfod cyfieithu'r Saesneg air am air o hyd oherwydd nad yw'r sylfeini wedi eu gosod cyn bod angen cyfieithu a'r holl gyfieithu llythrennol yn ddigon â chodi'r felan ar rhywun.
----Original message----
From : [log in to unmask]
Date : 08/12/2015 - 09:21 (GMTST)
To : [log in to unmask]
Subject : Re: Unhelpful thoughts
Mae rhywbeth ar ddatblygiad y term ‘unhelpful thoughts’ yma http://apt.rcpsych.org/content/aptrcpsych/8/5/377.full.pdf

“The traditional language of cognitive–behavioural therapy (CBT) describes the thoughts summarised above as negative automatic thoughts, which show a range of thinking
 errors or cognitive distortions. In developing the Five Areas model, the language used was extensively tested by a range of Health care practitioners who used the approach with their patients (Williams & Whitfield, 2001). It was found that the concept of negative
 automatic thoughts failed to use an easily accessible language and required quite a lot of explaining to patients. It was also reported that the term ‘thinking error’ led to misunderstanding in some patients with depression, who concluded not only that they
 were depressed, but also that they were thinking wrongly. As a result, the Five Areas model instead uses the term ‘extreme and unhelpful thoughts’. These are thoughts that show one of the unhelpful thinking styles. This can be defined either in terms of the
 content of thoughts or the way in which information is processed (e.g. focusing on the negative aspects of a situation or an increased likelihood of  perceiving danger in situations that are quite safe). The goal of treatment is therefore to help individuals
 to become aware of their unhelpful thinking styles and their impact, and to teach them skills for challenging these in order to move towards more balanced and helpful thoughts.”

Dyma rai enghreifftiau o wefan arall:
“Yourself:  I'm boring I'm ugly I'm a failure
Others: No-one likes me People are out to get me Everyone is better than me
The world: Life is unfair The world is a horrible place
The future: Things will never get better What's the point of continuing I'm destined to fail “

Mae’n swnio fel pe bai ‘meddyliau ymwthiol’ ychydig yn wahanol

“Intrusive thoughts (sometimes called obsessions) are a common OCD symptom. Intrusive thoughts are thoughts that are unwanted, feel uncontrollable, and often pertain
 to disturbing or distressing themes, such as:
worrying constantly about catching a deadly disease and/or that you will contaminate others with your germs.
fears about contamination with environmental toxins, such as lead or radioactivity.
an intense fear that something horrible will happen to a loved one.
profound worry that you will do something extremely embarrassing, like screaming out an obscenity at a funeral.
believing you may hit someone with your car or injure someone unknowingly.
aggressive or disturbing ideas, such as thoughts of murdering your partner or child.
disturbing sexual and/or religious imagery that might include sexual assault or inappropriate sexual acts.
a strong need to re-order things until they feel "just right."
a fear of harming inanimate objects.
Intrusive thoughts are often very disturbing because the person experiencing them may believe that these thoughts are a reflection on their morality or betray "secret
 desires." However, it is important to realize that intrusive thoughts in the context of OCD actually reflect those things that the individual finds to be the most offensive, repugnant or disgusting.”

Claire