Vacancy: Professor of Transport

Newcastle University is seeking to appoint an outstanding academic to provide research leadership in the field of transport, with an emphasis on its engineering dimensions.
With the University ťbeing at the forefront of research and teaching in transport engineering, and the inter-related areas of behaviour, environment, and technology, we are committed to world-class academic excellence with a purpose and to undertaking pioneering and authoritative research that uses innovative methods to shed new light on fundamental issues.

An outstanding track record of recent publications in internationally recognised journals, success in attracting research income, and an outward-looking, inter-disciplinary approach that capitalises on the breadth of Newcastle’s portfolio in engineering, computing, and the natural and social sciences, are the key requirements of the role.  In return, we offer you the opportunity to take your career to the next level within an internationally renowned, research-intensive university.

For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Christopher Lake or Sabine Tilly of our advisers Syllogism at [log in to unmask] or telephone +44 (0)203 417 6076.

The School of Civil Engineering & Geosciences holds a bronze Athena SWAN award in addition to the University’s bronze Athena SWAN award in recognition of our good employment practices for the advancement of gender equality, and the University holds the HR Excellence in Research award for our work to support the career development of our researchers.  We are also a member of the Euraxess network.

Please note that applications for this position should be made via Syllogism.

Regards

Anil
~~~~~
Dr Anil Namdeo
CSci, CEnv, FRMetS, MIAQM, MIEnvSc
Director, Transport Operations Research Group (TORG)
School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences<http://www.ncl.ac.uk/ceg/>
Newcastle University<http://newcastle.ac.uk/>
Cassie Building, Claremont Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU
Telephone +44 191 208 8486
Fax +44 191 208 6502
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/ceg/staff/profile/anil.namdeo
Twitter: @TORG_Anil