There's a section in the manual on using Dartel.  This would allow a basic batch job to be created via the user interface, which is easy to modify manually.

The code is in spm12/toolbox/DARTEL

Providing you can achieve good alignment between structural and functional data, then using Dartel to spatially normalise your fMRI sounds like a very reasonable thing to do - particularly if you are looking at subcortical or more primary cortical regions.  The benefits for cortex where there is more folding variability are a bit less certain.

Best regards,
-John