From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: 04 December 2015 17:49
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPM] how to define the VOI size for DCM analysis

Dear SPM users,
I am trying to perform DCM analysis on fMRI infants data.
Images are quite noisy (even if the babies were sleeping during the acquisition), and I set the smooth in the preprocessing as 7mm.
For the model I'd like to test, I just need to extract 2 VOI (STS and IFG) and I was wondering which is the size that I have to select about the VOI sphere.

I've read in a DCM blog that there's supposed to be a rational between the smoothing applied in the preproccesing and the size of the VOI, or that at least I can't pick a bigger VOI in size that the smoothing (thus in my case, it would be 7 mm -- or less??)

I could not find a paper or lessons slides on line that could exact define a rule for it, and there's nothing about it also in the SPM manual.

All your suggestions are more than welcome!!

Chiara

Chiara Bulgarelli
PhD Student, Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development
Birkbeck College, University of London

[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> // [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>