Please find details below of courses which will be run by the Consumer Data Research Centre  at the University of Leeds in January and February:

January 25th 2016 - Introduction to R and RStudio

This one day course will get you up-to-speed with using R and RStudio for daily data processing, analysis and visualisation tasks. It is practical, so you'll 'learn by doing'. This is a beginner course, no knowledge of R and RStudio is assumed.

Taught by Robin Lovelace

For further information and to book please go to our store (credit/debit card payment only, please contact Eleri for alternative payment methods)

January 26th 2016 - Introduction to R for spatial data analysis
R is one of the fastest growing languages for data analysis and is increasingly important in business, government and academia. Less well-known is that R has a diverse suite of geospatial tools and can function as a fully integrated Geographical Information System (GIS). Time-series maps, geographically weighted regression, animations and even online maps become possible when you understand R's unique language and approach to spatial objects. Working knowledge of R and RStudio is assumed for this course.

Taught by Robin Lovelace

For further information and to book please go to our store (credit/debit card payment only, please contact Eleri for alternative payment methods)

February 1st - 2nd 2016 - An Introduction to GIS – Using ArcGIS – (Vector)
This 1.5 day course provides an introduction to Geographical Information Systems (GIS) using ESRI's ArcGIS version 10.2 software. It provides participants with the opportunity to familiarise themselves with using and navigating the software, as well as focussing on the skills of data entry, data manipulation, editing, analysis and mapping. The emphasis of this course is working with vector data in the context of a variety of socio-economic applications. The course will mix teaching with demonstrations and hands-on exercises. No prior knowledge is assumed for this course other than have basic IT skills.

Taught by Rachel Oldroyd

For further information and to book please go to our store (credit/debit card payment only, please contact Eleri for alternative payment methods)

You can find out more about the CDRC and our training plans at https://www.cdrc.ac.uk/training-capacity-building/training/. Please contact Eleri Pound with any queries.

Best wishes,

Eleri

______________________________

Eleri Pound

Senior Administrator

______________________________

Consumer Data Research Centre

University of Leeds

Leeds Institute for Data Analytics

Leeds, LS2 9JT

T:  0113 343 0882

E:  [log in to unmask]

W: www.cdrc.ac.uk

http://www.aquaint-uk.com/Content/media/Aquaint_twitterButton.png

**Visit our new website – launched October 2015**

Follow us on Twitter - @CDRC_UK