*With apologies for cross posting*

We have a vacancy for an Educational Development Consultant in OCSLD, Oxford Brookes University.

The successful candidate will contribute to our established, innovative Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education which makes significant use of technology in its delivery. The role also involves supporting candidates to achieve Senior and Principal Fellowships of the HEA, our internal Teaching Excellence Awards, and National Teaching Fellowships.

We have the flexibility to appoint at either Lecturer or Senior Lecturer grade, depending on experience. This means this post is available to someone looking to begin a career in educational development, perhaps progressing from a PhD or learning technologist role, working within a supportive and experienced team. The educational development team is well respected within the University and carries out research and consultancy as well as curriculum, career and personal development.

Find out more about the work of the Centre at https://www.brookes.ac.uk/ocsld/

Educational Development Consultant
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer
Full Time, Permanent - Academic
You will join an established team in the Oxford Centre for Staff and Learning Development, which supports the University’s mission to be a university that enables a student experience of the highest possible standard. The Centre provides staff and educational development, conducts pedagogic and institutional research and engages in external consultancy in the areas of work outlined in our Strategy for Enhancing the Student Experience.

You will be responsible for:
- providing staff and career development opportunities, and educational support in line with the Strategy for Enhancing the Student Experience
- planning staff development which meets the needs of the university and external clients
- undertaking research and consultancy projects.

You should have:
- experience of staff and educational development in further or higher education
- experience of diagnosing and analysing educational and professional development needs
- experience of supporting staff using wide range of development techniques
- a track record of conducting and publishing pedagogic research.

Interviews will be held on 21 January 2016.

International applicants are welcome. Those from outside the EU will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
https://cloud.corehr.com/pls/obulivehrrecruit/erq_jobspec_details_form.jobspec?p_id=011022

--

Professor Rhona Sharpe
Head of Oxford Centre for Staff and Learning Development

tel: 01865 485923
email: [log in to unmask]