Well, I mostly write by hand, then any small corrections before it goes onto the computer page (& sometime there too).

But this lengthy cry de coeur for the past (lacking certain communications however with us, eh)?

Doug
> On Dec 2, 2015, at 10:28 AM, Patrick McManus <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> thanks Bill and Andrew for thoughts P yes nothing like bloody hands to write with!!
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Andrew Burke
> Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 10:31 AM
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: pat snapped 715?? \*(_-=+=-_)*/ \*(_-=+=-_)*/ \*(_-=+=-_)*/
>
> .Always interesting how poets write their drafts. Some transcript their
> handwritten first thoughts to a typwewriter, then edit on hard copy before
> transcribing it to computer. The blood to the hand, the rhythm of the
> typewriter, the clarity of the computer - all lend a hand to the finished
> work.
>
> I vary so much I can't describe any of it as a habit!
>
> Andrew
> This
> email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
> <#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>
> On 2 December 2015 at 20:02, Bill Wootton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> What a cheery sounding Olivetti, Pat. Give it a whirl between emails. Take
>> full typing fingervelongations.
>>
>> Bill
>>
>> On Wednesday, December 2, 2015, Patrick McManus <
>> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> > TEMPTATION
>> >
>> > after all hell
>> > broke out
>> > disaster
>> > he was
>> > sorely tempted
>> > to take his
>> > nasty evil
>> > bloody minded
>> > malevolent
>> > computer
>> > and cast it
>> > into a furnace
>> > roast it
>> > melt it
>> > or smash it
>> > from a high
>> > cliff face
>> > to smithereens
>> > back to rust
>> > or similar
>> >
>> > and then
>> > so cheered
>> > go up into
>> > the dusty loft
>> > and reclaim
>> > his beloved
>> > old forgotten
>> > Olivetti 22
>> > black keyboard
>> > red typewriter
>> > and retreat
>> > into a simpler
>> > more friendly
>> > typewritten
>> > world tickety
>> > tickety tack
>> > ping pingy
>> > ping
>> >

>> > pmcmanus
>> > r856

Douglas Barbour
https://eclecticruckus.wordpress.com/

Recent publications: (With Sheila E Murphy) Continuations & Continuation 2 (UofAPress).
Recording Dates (Rubicon Press).

	Done in by creation itself.

I mean the gods. Not us. Well us too.
The gods moved into books. Who wrote the books?
We wrote the books. In whose dream, then are we dreaming?

		Robert Kroetsch.