Dear List Members;

WATER+ CALL FOR PAPERS extended
December 30, 2015

Keynote Speakers Announced!
Maude Barlow
[Author, National Chairperson of the Council of Canadians, co-founder of The Blue Planet Project]

Robert France
[Professor, Department of Environmental Sciences, Dalhousie University]

Drew Gagnes
[Senior Principal, Magnusson Klemencic Associates, Seattle, USA]

Peter Kulchyski
[Graduate Program Director, Department of Native Studies, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada]

Anne Loes Nillesen
[Principal, Defacto Architecture and Urbanism, Rotterdam, Netherlands]

David Turnbull
[Principal, Atopia and Professor, The Cooper Union]

WATER+
Water’s global disposition, physical properties and phenomenal characteristics determine or figure in all forms of spatial occupation of all living systems. Water occupies: our atmosphere; our earth’s surface in oceans, lakes and river systems and its core in aquifers and springs; and our bodies. However pervasive, water is finite. We understand water to be the harbinger of life while also recognizing its destructive potential. Water in its solid, liquid, and gaseous forms, occupies our sense of being and place in both real and imagined ways – it is vital and transformative. Water is also contested and is subject to depletion, access, and control. Water has its own way, evidenced in global flooding, droughts, and atmospheric disturbances.

We invite architects, landscape architects, interior designers, planners, artists, designers, engineers, environmental scientists, economists, geographers, poets, social scientists, and other allied disciplines to address water and spatial occupation: through texts, treatise, and words; through a range of scales, quantities and limits; and through cartography, geometry and proportion.

SYMPOSIUM
February 25 - 27, 2016
Faculty of Architecture, University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

For more information, please visit:
www.atmos.ca<http://www.atmos.ca>

Alyssa Schwann
Assistant Professor
Faculty of Architecture / Environmental Design
University of Manitoba
www.atelier-anon.com<http://www.atelier-anon.com/>