Hi,

I am looking for advice concerning a pest problem that we have in one of our natural history displays and was wondering if NATSCA could put me in touch with someone who might be able to help.  We have what appears to be a moth problem in a wildlife diorama display and have sought advice from professional pest controllers about a possible solution. As we are not in a position to dismantle the display and treat individual specimens the options we have been given are fumigation with a non-residual product called Dodol or a heat treatment.

I’d be grateful if anyone could offer advice regarding the effectiveness and potential problems with these options for taxidermy specimens. We are concerned that a heat treatment may have a negative impact on such specimens.

Thanks.