> BRIGGS JOHN wrote:
>
>     "The operative adjuro te formula ... seems to have been favoured for use
> against a demon who possesses an individual. (The words exorcizo te are more
> often used in rites for the exorcism of things, which are actually blessings
> for those objects, such as for the components of holy water.)"

The reference is:

Florence Chave-Mahir, "Medieval Exorcism: Liturgical and Hagiographical
Sources", pp.159-175 at p.170. Chapter 7 in: Helen Gittos & Sarah Hamilton
(eds.), Understanding Medieval Liturgy: Essays in Interpretation (Ashgate, 2016
[December 2015])

The book is highly recommended (although a bit uneven) - I may well report
further when I have finished reading it!

John Briggs