Forwarded to the list at Jiscmail's request:

Dear list owners

In this update we’re providing details of: changes to JiscMail service
policies (action required), where to find information if
systems/services are disrupted, and the JiscMail Helpline Christmas
closure dates.

1. Changes to JiscMail service policies

JiscMail has made some minor changes to its service policies,
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/ these are the terms &
conditions of use and apply to everyone who uses JiscMail.
These changes need to be communicated to all subscribers and we would
ask that you forward this message to your list.

Summary of changes:

https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/#5
**New**  Off-list messages should not be forwarded to lists without
first receiving approval from all contributors.

https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/ previously #10
**Deleted**  We have removed the entire section about Freedom Of
Information, since JiscMail, as part of Jisc is not obligated to FOI.

2. JiscMail service status

If we experience any technical issues with JiscMail services, we’ll post
alerts, information and updates to www.facebook.com/JiscMail and
www.twitter.com/JiscMailHelp until normal service is resumed and we hope
that this service is useful to you (and your subscribers).

3.	JiscMail Helpline Christmas closure

The JiscMail Helpline team will be having a well-earned break, from
12noon on Thursday 24 December 2015 until Monday 4th January 2016.
Emails sent to [log in to unmask] and voicemails left during these
dates will be managed when our office re-opens in January. Further
reminders will be posted to our social media accounts, and a notice will
be added to our website www.jiscmail.ac.uk

Finally, I'd like to thank the helpline team for all their hard work
this year, and to wish you all a very relaxing break over the festive
period.

All the best

Lisa

Lisa Vincent