The following from Peter Howard:

Renaissance Religions II: modes and meanings in history

9-10 June 2016

Fondazione per le Scienze Religiose Giovanni XXIII
Via San Vitale 114, 40125 Bologna ITALY
Tel: 0039 051 239 532 - Fax: 0039 051 082 2242

This call for papers follows the highly successful conference held at
Villa i Tatti (The Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance
Studies) and the Monash University Prato Centre in June 2015.

Anyone interested in the program can find it at
http://itatti.harvard.edu/sites/default/files/itatti/files/renaissance_religions.pdf.

For a video of second day of the conference, go to:
https://www.youtube.com/user/monashprato

The second iteration of the conference will be held in Bologna at the
Fondazione per le Scienze Religiose Giovanni XXIII.  At this gathering
we will seek to extend further the range of materials and ideas beyond
those traversed in 2015. We are looking for methodologically innovative
contributions dealing with, among other themes:
•	Confessionalism
•	Conversion
•	Cross-cultural influences and impacts
•	Gender
•	Music
•	Space (architecture, propinquity)
•	Inter-religious relations/conflict
•	Senses and emotions
The focus will be on Italy 1300-1700.

Expressions of interest, including title and brief abstract are due by 6
January.  Papers should be based on original research.  Presentations
may not be longer than 20 minutes.  Please send proposals to

This conference is a collaboration between FSCIRE, Monash University,
and University of Toronto.

Initial Organizing committee: Peter Howard, Riccardo Saccenti, and
Nicholas Terpstra.