Dear Colleagues,

A month ago I posted a query about book cleaning services for a private individual and promised to summarise. Thank you to all who responded with their useful advice.

Here is a run-down of the suggestions:

Contact Camberwell College of Arts, MA Conservation Course Director, as there may be willing students.
http://www.arts.ac.uk/camberwell/courses/postgraduate/ma-conservation/

Harwell Document Restoration and Recovery http://www.hdrs.co.uk/ (several people recommended them)

National Conservation Service www.ncs.org.uk

NADFAS (for public collections) http://www.nadfas.org.uk/

I did some other investigating and found that Premier Moves http://www.premiermoves.net/library-collection-cleaning/ will provide library collection cleaning

And I referred the enquirer to the National Trust's wonderful Knowledge Bank for information about good housekeeping for library and other types of collection
http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/article-1356397219282/

I did not receive a reply, so I'll never know what they did eventually but I hope this information in one place might be of help to others in future.

Best wishes,
Erica Foden-Lenahan
Head of Collection Care
The London Library