Library Champions for Disability Access

Is a new grassroots community of practice form for all information professionals which was
launched later in November 2015 in affiliation with ALISS http://www.aliss.ac.uk.
We aim to offer librarians, information professionals from all sectors an informal place to
contact, meet and exchange and exchange ideas. Disability is defined broadly to include
neurodiversity conditions, mental health issues, physical or intellectual impairment. We
believe that library users should not be 'disabled' by technical, environmental or social
conditions in libraries and urge all those who support this to join us to improve access for
all.

Minutes and slides from the first meeting  are now available on a new blog at

http://librarychampionsfordisabilityaccess.blogspot.co.uk/

They include details of the LSE Library buddy scheme

we are also setting up a separate mailing list
You can sign up to the list via jiscmail here.
Your new list DISABILITYCHAMPS is ready to use.

You can access your list homepage at www.jiscmail.ac.uk/DISABILITYCHAMPS<http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/DISABILITYCHAMPS>

We aim to hold our next meeting in London in March 2016 - details coming soon.

Regards
Heather Dawson