From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Robert White
Sent: 04 December 2015 14:45
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: A Friday afternoon question

The carved stones shown below are reused as quoins on a ?early C19th outshot to a combination barn in the Lune valley near Sedbergh.  According to the planning officer who sent the images to me "The owner told of a family story that they had been stones standing elsewhere and used for the washing of money given in exchange for farm produce during times of plague" Any more plausible explanations or parallels?
[cid:image001.jpg@01D12EAD.7605DA50]
[cid:image002.jpg@01D12EAD.7605DA50]

[cid:image003.jpg@01D12EAD.7605DA50]

Robert White
Senior Historic Environment Officer

Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority
Yoredale, Bainbridge, Leyburn,
North Yorkshire DL8 3EL

Tel: 0300 456 0030
Direct Line: 01969 652360
Fax: 01756 751699

eMail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

www.yorkshiredales.org.uk<http://www.yorkshiredales.org.uk>
www.outofoblivion.org.uk<http://www.outofoblivion.org.uk>

[YDNPA 60th Anniversary logo]

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any reading, printing, storage, disclosure, copying or any other action taken in respect of this e-mail is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by using the reply function and then permanently delete what you have received.
Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are routinely monitored for compliance with Leicestershire County Council's policy on the use of electronic communications.   The contents of e-mails may have to be disclosed to a request under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
The views expressed by the author may not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Leicestershire County Council.
Attachments to e-mail messages may contain viruses that may damage your system. Whilst Leicestershire County Council has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept any liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of these factors. You are advised to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.