Dear all,

The way things are unfolding at COP21 tends to underline, I think, the importance of the Draft Declaration as an intervention in the ongoing search for climate justice. The Draft is now available in six languages and it would be fabulous if people felt able to spread the news through their networks. A more radical version is being worked on in response to amendments and suggestions from all over the world—and the Draft remains open for amendment and comment until 19th February 2016. In the meantime, we have the fabulous news from the USA that our first city has adopted the Draft Declaration as city policy! Thanks to the work of Tom Kerns, the city of Yachats in Oregon adopted the Draft Declaration on Human Rights Day.

We are still keen to find translators for more languages, in the meantime!

http://gnhre.org/gnhre-draft-declaration/

Warmly,

Anna

Anna Grear
Professor of Law and Theory
Head of of Cardiff Law School
School of Law and Politics
Cardiff University
Museum Avenue
Cardiff
CF10 3AX
Tel: +44 (0)29 208 75467
Fax: +44 (0)29 208 74097
Email[log in to unmask]
Ext: 75467

www.gnhre.org
http://www.elgaronline.com/jhre

To unsubscribe from the GNHRE list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=GNHRE&A=1