Dear GEMs

Apologies for cross posting. I'm sharing this on behalf of my colleague Emma Pegram and her co-convenors.
For further information and bookings please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

We are delighted to invite you to a conference to launch a Learning Research Agenda for natural history institutions, which will take place at the Natural History Museum from 10.00-16.30 on Thursday 21 January, 2016. This conference is the culmination of a series of seminars, funded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), which brought together museum learning practitioners and cross-disciplinary academics to explore and unpick the complexities of learning in natural history environments. The resulting agenda has implications for bridging research and practice and is structured around problems of practice that need to be addressed to understand learning in our field.

Confirmed speakers include: Amito Haarhuis, Deputy Director at NEMO Science Centre; Prof. Kevin Crowley, University of Pittsburgh; Dr Marianne Achiam, University of Copenhagen; Dr Emily Dawson, University College London; Dr Heather King, King’s College London.

Tickets cost £20 and to book visit:
www.nhm.ac.uk/learning-research-agenda<http://www.nhm.ac.uk/learning-research-agenda>

We look forward to seeing you in January!

Justin Dillon (University of Bristol), Jen DeWitt (King’s College London), Emma Pegram (Natural History Museum), Brad Irwin (Natural History Museum)

Warm wishes

nets

Annette Shelford
National Programme Developer